MPCSD RECEIVES CHARTER PETITION FROM MENLO MANDARIN IMMERSION CHARTER SCHOOL
On September 12 our District received its first Charter School petition from the parents of the Menlo Mandarin Immersion Charter School (MMICS). Below are all the documents related to the Charter Petition.
- September 12: Charter petition from MMICS including petition signatures
- September 3 Board Meeting: Presentation on Charter School Fundamentals
- Charter Petition FAQ's
- October 27 Board Study Session: Presentation
- November 12 Board Meeting: District's Leadership Team's Presentation
- November 12 Board Meeting: District's Leadership Team's Evaluation Report of Petition to form the MMICS; after public comment, the Board unanimously denied the petition based on the criteria outlined in the law, adopting the Leadership Team’s report as the official written findings.
- October 31: District received MMICS request for District facilities under Proposition 39
- December 1: District's Response to MMICS request for District facilities under Proposition 39
- December 5: MMICS Appeal to the San Mateo County Board of Education
- December 12 Board Meeting: District's Supplemental Findings in support of Denial of Petition to form the MMICS
- December 19: District's Rebuttal to MMICS Appeal to the San Mateo County Board of Education
WORLD LANGUAGE, SPANISH IMMERSION PROGRAM EVALUATION AND GUIDING PRINCIPLES WILL BE ON THE DECEMBER 9 BOARD MEETING AGENDA
At its upcoming December 9 meeting, the Board will begin a discussion about World Language Standards, and hear findings from the District's evaluation of the Spanish Immersion program. The agenda will include presentations from staff on possible directions and planning for World Language for 2015-16 and beyond. Also during this meeting, the Board will continue its discussion and take action on the District's Guiding Principles, and how they relate to the upcoming Strategic Planning process. If you would like to comment on any of these topics the Board meeting begins at 6:00 p.m. at the District Office TERC building, 181 Encinal Ave., Atherton or please feel free to write the Board at email@example.com.
MPCSD PARENT PAGES
The parent pages are a source for news and information on major district initiatives including access to information about the Common Core Standards, Smarter Balanced Assessment, what teachers are learning, and news articles featuring our schools. Click here to view MPCSD Parent Pages.