Each year, an Oak Knoll yearbook is published containing photographs of each child, each class, the 5th grade year, sports teams, school activities and more, commemorating the past year at school. You will have the opportunity to order this precious keepsake during the fall. Yearbooks are usually distributed to students during the last week of the school year. The school library has copies of past yearbooks if you would like to see an example.
5th Grade Yearbook Cover Art Contest:
Your 5th grader has the opportunity to have their artwork displayed on the front or back cover of the 2016-2017 Oak Knoll Yearbook. The tradition of having the children create artwork for the yearbook covers is in its 7th year!
Beginning last week, in art class, all 5th graders have had the following guidelines from Mr. Almquist:
- Use an 8.5 x 11" piece of what paper (vertical orientation only).
- Include the name of the school in the drawing, Oak Knoll in the drawing.
- Include Ollie the Otter, the school's mascot, somewhere in the drawing. He can be large or small.
- Include the school year, 2016-17 or 2016-2017 in the drawing.
- Include your First and Last names on the bottom, right-hand side of the drawing (drawings without a name will not be judged).
- No violence or brands in the drawing
Cover Artwork is due to the homeroom teacher ONLY and absolutely NO later than Friday, November 4.
Artwork will be judged anonymously by Oak Knoll staff only. Winners will be announced at the end of the school year, when yearbooks are delivered.