Sweet And Savory Cooking Around The World
Does your child enjoy eating a variety of different cuisines, or maybe you are looking for some new, simple and fun recipes especially for kids that they will want to cook and then recreate at home? Well, here is the opportunity for your child to learn, cook and enjoy sampling sweet and savory recipes from around the world, during this NEW weekly after school delicious and exciting culinary adventure!
From grocery shopping tips, storing food, menu planning, prepping, trying out new recipes and ingredients, understanding your culinary interests and senses, cutting to mincing, plating and serving techniques, knife skills, food safety and cleaning up; these cooking classes designed just for kids are the perfect blend of learning professional cooking techniques.
These are interactive cooking classes, so there will always be time for learning, questions and answers.
All ingredients and recipes will be provided.
The sweet and savory recipes that will be taught include:
- Indian Chicken Tikka Masala and Cauliflower with Fresh Sweet Peas
- French Baguette Pizza and Crepes
- Chinese Chicken and Corn Soup and Banana Egg Rolls Dessert
- Mexican Ham and Cheese Quesadillas and No Bake Cookies
- American Turkey Chili and Banana Split
- Japanese Veggie Noodles and Sesame Tofu
- Italian Fettucine Alfredo and Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Thai Red Chicken Curry and Pineapple Fried Rice
- Greek Turkey Meatballs in Tomato Sauce and Graham Crackers Cheesecake
- Korean Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Scallion Pancakes
- Brazilian Black Bean Stew and French Toast
- English Egg and Watercress Sandwiches and Layered Fruit Trifle
- German Potato Pancakes and Black Forest Parfait
Grades: K-2 Grade
Day/Time: Thursdays 1:40-2:40pm.
Class dates: September 12-December 19
No class dates: November 28 and December 5
Number of Classes: 13
Class Size: 5-15 Students
Class Fee: $390 (includes ingredients fee)
Meenu Bhasin, is a chef who teaches cooking and baking classes to adults and children.
She teaches a variety of cuisines, and her specialty is Indian.
Chef Meenu has also worked at Sur La Table, Draeger's and the Jewish Community Center.
Commencing in the Fall, Chef Meenu will be teaching ten cooking classes weekly at Encinal School,Las Lomitas School, La Entrada School, Phillips Brooks School, Alto International School, Woodland School and to a group of home schooled children.