IN MATH WE ARE LEARNING ABOUT ......
Division with whole numbers. During Unit 3 we will:
- learn how to divide whole numbers with up to 4-digit dividends and 1-digit divisors.
- determine the correct-size multiplier for a division quotient.
- use rounding and estimation to check quotients.
- understand different ways to interpret remainders in division word problems.
- solve multi-step word problems with mixed operations.
Students will take quizzes through out this unit to self assess their progress. Students will have math homework Monday-Thursday during this unit that will come from the homework and remembering pages. Please check in with your child about what math homework they have and how you can support their learning and progress at home.
They can also use the website Dreambox for more math practice at home. Please go the the "Technology in the Classroom" page on my website for instructions on how to access Dreambox at home.