OUR CURRENT MATH UNIT .....
... is Unit 6: Fraction Concepts and Operations. Over the course of this unit students will learn about:
- fractions as being sums of unit fractions
- pairs of fractions that add to one
- adding and subtracting fractions with like denominators
- mixed numbers and fractions greater than one
- adding and subtracting mixed numbers and fractions greater than one with like denominators
- multiplying fractions by whole numbers
- solving word problems that involve addition, subtraction and multiplication of fractions with like denominators
Students will have math homework Monday-Thursday that will come from the homework and remembering book. Please check in with your child about what math homework they have and how you can support their learning and progress at home.
They can also use the website Dreambox for more math practice at home. Please go the the "Technology in the Classroom" page on my website for instructions on how to access Dreambox at home.