- Staff: Willy Haug (Principal), Susan Arrington, Danielle O'Brien, Julie Hilborn, Shalann Kunkel, and Richard Vaughan
- Parents: Stephanie Ekoniak (Chair), Tim Burks, Ames Samuelu, Lea Pence, Amy Coolican, Iona Szkurnik Do Rio
- Students: TBD
The Hillview School Site Council (SSC), which consists of Hillview's principal, teachers, staff, student representatives, and six elected parents, is responsible for developing and monitoring the school Site Plan (the SPSA, Single Plan for Student Achievement). This Plan specifies the goals and metrics that drive major decisions on academics, the school environment, social emotional well-being, technology, and other significant areas related to the school. The Site Council reviews school goals and selects specific improvements to progress. The Site Council is also responsible for creating and evaluating the annual parent survey. Hillview’s School Site Council plays an important role in the governance and improvement of the school, and the parent members are elected by parents to represent their views. A site council is a legally required decision-making body for any school receiving federal funds.
- Allows an opportunity for interaction between parents, teachers,
administrators, and students, and sharing of their opinions and attitudes
- Provides an open forum for discussing and defining educational needs, issues, and initiatives
- Makes recommendations to the Principal and team
- Contributes to the Single Plan for Student Achievement
- Reviews how effectively the school’s programs are being carried out
- Review standardized test results (SBAC, others)
- Develop specific goals for School Site Plan
- Hear feedback at September MPCSD Board Meeting
- Approve the School Site Plan and Budget
- Develop action plans to meet site plan goals
- Refine annual site survey questions prior to Feedback February
- Review results of Hillview survey, identify opportunities for improvement and start articulating LCAP and other goals for the following year.
- Six Hillview staff: principal, teachers (four total, including one English Language Development teacher), and other staff
- Six parents of students currently attending Hillview Middle School, including one parent of a student designated as an English Language Learner
- Two student representatives
- Two-year term
- Elections for open parent members take place in the spring of each school year & onboarding occurs by attending April, May and June site council meetings
- Meets 2nd Tuesday (some months modified) of every month except July, 3:30-5:00 p.m. at Hillview. June 2022 date is TBD.
- Review Hillview Site Council bylaws
- Do homework in advance of meetings, a lot is covered in 90 minute monthly meetings
- Be ready and willing to share input
- Be open to comments from all at meetings, Site Council consists of students, staff and parents, all with different perspectives
- Participate in school and district wide educational initiatives as needed, such as curriculum evaluation, survey task force, special projects
Any member of the community or public may address the Site Council during meetings on items within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Council. Interest and participation are welcomed. The Site Council meeting date and time are noted in the Hillview newsletter each month.