Support Encinal, Laurel, Oak Knoll & Hillview by donating to your PTO and MPAEF
Together, we INspire in our children a love of learning.
Together, we INvolve ourselves in their learning journey.
Together, we INvest in their future.
Welcome to the start of the 2017-18 school year from your PTOs, the Menlo Park-Atherton Education Foundation and the Menlo Park City School District!
On Thursday, August 24th, our children head off to meet their teachers and make new friends at Encinal, Laurel, Oak Knoll, and Hillview schools. They will enjoy all the benefits of the innovative and excellent education provided within the Menlo Park City School District.
Our schools are community-funded which means the majority of our revenue (almost 88%) comes from local taxes and donations. The small amount of money the District receives from state and federal sources only covers 24 days of school a year.
The remaining money, the amount needed to move our schools from "good enough" to award-winning, comes from district family and community support.
District family support to Parent Teacher Organizations (PTOs) and the Menlo Park-Atherton Education Foundation (MPAEF) provides our schools with about 10% of the District's budget. This is what your donation of $250 per student to the PTO and $1500 per student to MPAEF buys for our students:
- Teachers and Professional Development -- We attract and keep the best educators in the State and can provide them with access to the most innovative education practices through resources and trainings.
- Arts and Science -- Our students learn about art, science, performing arts and music from field specialists in fully-equipped, dedicated spaces.
- Librarians and Libraries -- Our students learn a love of reading from certified librarians in libraries full of books for every reading level.
- Innovation and Technology -- Our teachers and students benefit from 21st century education techniques and equipment. District-wide innovation is promoted by the Jeannie Ritchie Innovation Grant program within the MPAEF.
- Guidance and Wellness -- Our students' emotional and physical wellbeing is a top priority. We are able to encourage their growth through the care of licensed professionals.
- Field Trips -- Visits to historic sites and scientific educational facilities are funded - either partially or in full - by your dollars.
- Classroom Supplies -- Your donations provide our teachers with basic classroom resources so they are equipped to give our students the best educational experiences possible.
To learn more about the MPAEF and the PTO partnership with the Menlo Park City School District, click here.
Then, please click on the links below to donate $250 per student to your school's PTO and $1500 per student to the Menlo Park-Atherton Education Foundation. Thank you for your continued support!