Enrollment FAQs

  • How do I know which school my children will attend?

    The District has four schools. All 6-8th-grade students attend Hillview Middle School. For grades K-5, please refer to our School Locator to see what school services your address. All 6-8th-grade students attend Hillview Middle School

    How do my children get to school?

    Please see the Transportation section of the website for a complete listing of transportation options.

    How do I register my child?

    Students should register at their home school. If you don't know which school your residence is assigned to, please check our School Locator or call the District Office at 321-7140. Children who will be age 5 years old on or before September 1 are eligible for kindergarten. For enrollment & registration information, please click here.

    Where do my children go to high school?

    Graduating eighth graders who wish to attend public school enter the Sequoia Union High School District. There are also a number of private high schools in the area.

    Can we attend Menlo Park schools if we don't live in the district?

    Attendance to our schools requires residence in the Menlo Park City School District boundaries. For more information refer to our Board Policy.

    How do I get a transcript for my child?

    Contact the office staff at your child's school to request a transcript.

    Where is the District Office?

    The District Office is located at 181 Encinal Avenue in Atherton on the Encinal School campus.  The campus is on the corner of Encinal and Middlefield Avenue.

    What are the District Office Hours?

    Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
    Summer hours are 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.