Open Enrollment is the one time per year where you can
- Enroll in a CalPERS health plan and/or VSP vision care*
- Change your CalPERS health plan
- Add eligible dependents
- Discontinue VSP vision care
- Apply for compensation in lieu of health benefits (full time employees only with proof of insurance outside the district)
Completed enrollment forms must be received by the Business Office no later than 5pm on October 6, 2017, for coverage effective January 1, 2018. (Premiums will be deducted from the December payroll.)
If you do not want to change your current coverage, you do not need to do anything.
If you work fulltime and are insured by a spouse or domestic partner, you may be eligible for compensation in lieu of health benefits (currently $2,500). To receive this benefit, you must submit an Affidavit of Medical Insurance form and a copy of your medical ID card each year during Open Enrollment.
- 2017 Premium Rates (through November payroll)
- 2018 Premium Rates (as of December payroll)
- CalPERS Enrollment Form
- VSP Enrollment Form
- CalPERS 2018 Health Benefit Summary Publication
- VSP Open Enrollment Information
- Affidavit of Medical Insurance
*To be eligible for benefits you must work at least 20 hours per week. Health coverage may be dropped at any time of the year for you and your dependents. Enrollment in VSP vision care requires a full, one year commitment.
Contact Payroll if you have questions regarding Open Enrollment or qualifying life events for eligible changes outside of Open Enrollment.