5th Grade Picnic
What does our committee do?
- Plan the end-of-Encinal event for 5th grade students and teachers (usually the last Thursday of school – all day)
What types of responsibilities do our volunteers have?
- Secure a location for the event.
- Set up/clean up of location on event day.
- Work with vendors (e.g. inflatable human foosball vendor, food provider, DJ).
- Secure items for the picnic (e.g., water balloons, cornhole sets, craft materials, decorations).
- Recruit parent volunteers to plan/supervise activities, food stations, chaperone students, take photographs, etc.
When do we need you?
- Third trimester (documentation from previous year’s event available to make the job easier!)
How much time commitment is involved?
- About 10 hours planning + set-up the morning of the event, supervising the day of the event, helping with clean-up.
Any special skills required?
- Organization and comfort with reaching out to vendors and working with other parent volunteers (lots of them!).
INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS COMMITTEE?
Please refer to the PTO Committees table to contact the committee chair.