As we approach the end of the school year, please remember to turn in all reimbursement forms (including mileage). You can find these forms on the District’s web page under Staff Resources, Business Office/Payroll. Generally, all reimbursements (including mileage) should be submitted within 30 days of the event.
Also on this web page is the revised Conference/Workshop Authorization and Reimbursement Procedures. Please note that we’ve recently updated the guidelines to include limits on transportation to/from airports at the equivalent of what a ride-share service would charge, such as Super Shuttle. You may choose to have a private ride to/from the airport, but be aware that the entire cost may not be reimbursed.
Effective July 1: There will be no more paper copies of pay stubs for those employees participating in Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit). Only “live” checks will be printed. Register now for the Employee Self-Service (ESS) website to view your pay stubs online.
Here are a few tips to help with the registration process:
- Register from any school site using the link above. You will not be able to register from home, so please do it before you leave for the summer. (Once you’ve registered, you can access the information anywhere.) It is one of the security measures of the website that the initial registration take place behind the District’s firewall.
- On the registration page, select “Menlo Park Elementary S.D.” from the District drop down box and click the “Register” button at the bottom of the page. (Do not click on “Login” unless you’ve already registered!)
- You must register with your name as it appears on your paycheck and you must have the amount of your latest monthly “net pay” for verification purposes. (Have your latest pay stub on hand.)
- You will be sent a verification email. You must respond to the email within 15 minutes. However, simply responding to the email does not necessarily complete the registration process. Make sure that you’ve gone through all the steps (such as answering security questions and choosing a login and password).
- If you need help registering, there is a video at the bottom of the registration page you can watch in both English and Spanish or you can call Payroll (ext. 5608). Call Payroll if you do not know your latest monthly “net pay.”
This website is a great resource of payroll information at your fingertips provided by the San Mateo County Office of Education. Try it, you’ll like it! And if you have Electronic Funds Transfer (Direct Deposit) you’re going to need it come July!