What does our committee do?
- Coordinates the Encinal Garden Program including organizing parent volunteers to teach indoor/outdoor garden lessons.
- Ensure parent-volunteers have the resources and supplies they need to give teach garden class to students.
- Guide directions/changes to the Garden Program.
What types of responsibilities do our volunteers help with?
- Communication with parents, HRP’s, and PTO, both electronic and in-person (e.g. Back to School Coffee).
- Organizing general garden area maintenance.
- Updating our Garden Class website.
When do we need you?
- The garden program is run throughout the entire school year with at least 1 parent volunteer per classroom.
- Start-up time needed in Fall.
How much time commitment is involved?
- Garden classes are generally given once per month for 1 hour.
Any special skills required?
- No gardening experience required! We have easy to follow curriculum guides for each grade and you can also create your own curriculum. It’s entirely up to the parent-volunteers.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS COMMITTEE?
Please refer to the PTO Committees table to contact the committee chair.