The ELC follows a modified Menlo Park City School District calendar and is open 13 days longer than other district schools.
2019-20 Daily Schedule
The Early Learning Center (ELC) will be open at both sites Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., with two options for enrollment:
- Full-day - 7:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. (The formal portion of the preschool day runs from 9:00- 3:00)
- Part-day - 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
2018-19 Daily Schedule
The Early Learning Center (ELC) is open Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., with two options for enrollment:
- Full-day - 7:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (Opening circle time at 9:00 and the formal portion of the preschool day will end at 3:00)
- Part-day - 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. or 1:30 p.m.-5:00 p.m.
Before and After Care for Part-Day Children
For a minimal extra fee, children who are enrolled in the morning part-day class may come to school between 7:30-9:00 a.m. and children who are enrolled in the afternoon part-day class may stay from 5:00- 6:00 p.m. Fees for 2018-19 are as follows:
Arrival between 7:30-9:00 (for AM students)
- $7.50 a day ($5.00 for scholarship recipients)
Departure between 5:00-6:00 (for PM students)
- $5.00 a day ($2.50 for scholarship recipients)
Families are asked to inform the ELC of their intention to use before or after-care by the Friday prior to the week care is needed.
Snacks and Lunch
Children are asked to bring one piece of fruit or vegetable to school each day to share with the whole class for snack. ELC provides crackers, bread, etc.
Children may bring their own lunch or hot lunches are available through LunchMaster for an additional fee.
Nap and rest
Full-day children will have a rest time after lunch. Children who do not sleep will stay on their mats for approximately an hour. Those who sleep generally stay on their mats for up to 2 hours.