ELC Tuition and Tuition Assistance
2023-24 ELC Full-Fee Tution
7:45 a.m.- 3:15 p.m.
7:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
*Tuition is calculated as an annual total which is divided, at no extra cost to families, by 11 equal monthly payments from August-June.
- The ELC “School-Day” schedule will be 7.5 hours; however, exact times are tentative, pending confirmation of the elementary bell schedules. ELC times may vary by 15 minutes to avoid traffic and parking congestion.
- Tuition for families who enroll after the first month of school will be prorated based on the annual tuition, divided by the number of remaining months in the school year
- 20% discount for MPCSD staff
- 10% discount for 2nd concurrently enrolled sibling
- For families new to the ELC, a $1,500 non-refundable deposit must be provided to confirm a child’s space and will be credited towards the first month’s tuition. The deposit is waived for current ELC students.
California State Preschool Program (CSPP) and ELC Tuition Assistance
The ELC offers two kinds of tuition assistance for lower income families: California State Preschool Program (CSPP) and ELC Tuition Assistance.
California State Preschool Program Eligibility Guidelines
The California State Preschool Program (CSPP) provides a high-quality part-day program for children who meet the income guidelines below. Families who qualify for CSPP and need a longer day of care may request ELC tuition assistance for the remainder of the day.
The chart below shows the maximum monthly incomes for families of different sizes, effective July 1, 2021.
12 or more
Children who are receiving Child Protection Services or who are at risk of abuse or neglect are served first, without regard to income.
ELC Tuition Assistance
In order to serve families who do not qualify for CSPP but still cannot afford the cost of full tuition, the ELC offers a limited number of spaces at a lower cost to families.
Families earning 80% of Area Median Income for San Mateo County or less are eligible to receive ELC tuition assistance and will be entered into the lottery for a scholarship. Tuition will be determined on a sliding scale, based on income and availability of funding.
Children eligible for Transitional Kindergarten will not be eligible to receive ELC Tuition Assistance in their last year before kindergarten.
English- Family Income Verification Form
Spanish- Family Income Verification Form
2022-23 (current school year) Full-Fee Tuition
8:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
8:00 a.m.- 3:30 p.m.*
7:45 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.