What is Hillview Service Team?
Hillview Service team is a student-driven, parent-run lunchtime club that meets twice a month in the PAC with about 50+ students. The goal of the club is to give back to the community, and have fun doing it! Students participate in activities (e.g, making pet toys, cards for troops, and toiletry kits for the homeless), seasonal drives and after school/hands-on volunteer activities that vary month to month. The last several years have culminated with our school-wide Relay for Life - a huge highlight for the kids.
As you probably know, doing for others FEELS GOOD. It's a developmental asset that helps kids and teens learn and thrive. We want Hillview students to actively engage with service to others in a very meaningful way.
How do I join?
We meet twice a month in the PAC during lunch. Meetings are announced via Schoology and on HawkTalk during the mornings. More information on how to join will be coming soon.
Students and parents can reach out to email@example.com with any questions.
Some of Service Team's Events from Prior Years
- Dog Toy Project to support Pets in Need
- Meet and Greet with Paws for Purple Hearts
- Candy Donation for Operation Gratitude Troops
- Toiletry Drive to benefit the homeless community
- Meet and Greet with Streets Team
- Meet and Greet with Samaritan House
- Cereal Drive to benefit the Samaritan House