W.E.B. (Where Everybody Belongs)
WEB, Where Everybody Belongs, is a national middle school transition and orientation program. WEB leaders welcome the sixth grade class during an orientation before school as well as support them throughout their first year at Hillview.
Leaders are trained to work with the incoming sixth graders at Hillview next fall. After training, the WEB leaders will help run WEB day (Wednesday August 18, 2021) and will offer continued support for our sixth graders.
At the orientation, two or three WEB leaders will be given a group of around ten 6th graders to work with during orientation and assist during the first week of school with any challenges they may face. Additionally, throughout the school year, WEB leaders may meet with their student groups.
We know that the more contact a 6th grader has with his/her WEB leader, the more successful the 6th grader will be!
Important/Mandatory Dates for the 2021-2022 school year for our WEB Team:
- Wednesday, August 11: 9:30am-12:30pm WEB Leader Training (via Zoom)
- Thursday, August 12: 9:30am-12:00pm WEB Leader Training On Campus
- Wednesday, August 18: 8am-2pm Leaders on campus for WEB Day with 6th graders
- Wednesday, August 18: 9-11 (6th Graders Last Names A-L), 12-3 (6th Graders Last Names M-Z)
- 5th Grade Visit will take place sometime in May (advanced notice will be given)