W.E.B. (Where Everybody Belongs)
WEB, Where Everybody Belongs, is a national middle school transition and orientation program. WEB leaders welcome the sixth grade class during an orientation before school as well as support them throughout their first year at Hillview.
Leaders are trained to work with the incoming sixth graders at Hillview next fall. After training, the WEB leaders will help run WEB day (Wednesday August 17, 2021) and will offer continued support for our sixth graders.
At the orientation, two or three WEB leaders will be given a group of around ten 6th graders to work with during orientation and assist during the first week of school with any challenges they may face. Additionally, throughout the school year, WEB leaders may meet with their student groups.
We know that the more contact a 6th grader has with his/her WEB leader, the more successful the 6th grader will be!
If students would like to apply, they should join the Schoology course for WEB applicants with the code: NN6B-4M5C-SP4BR. They can find tips on how to add a course here. In Schoology, they can access the application, we will post announcements, and they can ask questions. Students also need to email two teachers to complete a teacher recommendation Google Form. Applications will open in Spring 2023.
Like ASB, becoming a WEB leader is not always a guarantee. Students will be notified about their status in the program by the end of May at the latest. If students have any specific questions or difficulties accessing the Schoology page, they should contact Ms. Connelly in room G6 or by email here, or contact Ms. Vaggione-Schlegel in room D4 or by email here.
Important/Mandatory Dates for the 2022-2023 school year for our WEB Team:
- Late March: Schoology Course launches for WEB Applicants
- Friday, April 15: Application process begins
- Friday, April 29: Application/Teacher Recs due
- Early May: 2022-23 WEB Team is announced
- Wednesday, August 10: 9:30am-12:00pm WEB Leader Training (via Zoom) (MANDATORY TRAINING)
- Thursday, August 11: 9:30am-12:30pm WEB Leader Training On Campus (MANDATORY TRAINING)
- Wednesday, August 17: 8am-2pm Leaders on campus for WEB Day with 6th graders
- Wednesday, August 17: 9-11 (6th Graders Last Names A-K), 12-2 (6th Graders Last Names L-Z)
- 5th Grade Visit will take place sometime in May (advanced notice will be given)