Questions about Staying Informed
This section’s questions address the resources that are available for you to stay informed and engaged throughout this process.
Q: What resources can help me stay informed about the reopening guidelines that MPCSD will follow?
A: The following resources are available to you. You may
- Attend School Board meetings this summer at 5:00 p.m. on June 25, July 2, July 16, July 23, July 30, August 6, and August 13. Check for the Zoom details on our homepage under Announcements three days prior each meeting. Videos for all meetings are available under the "Board" header on our website.
- Read the San Mateo County Coalition for Safe Schools and Communities Pandemic Recovery Framework. MPCSD and all San Mateo County school districts will reopen under the guidelines set forth by the The Framework, which is based on Four Pillars: Health & Hygiene, Face Coverings, Physical Distancing, and Limiting Gatherings.
- Watch videos of site-specific Q&A sessions: Encinal, Laurel, Oak Knoll, Hillview
- Watch the Video of Reopening Q&A session held on June 9, 2020. Questions were pre-submitted via a Google survey that was emailed to all parents. The questions asked in the Q&A session were compiled in order to cover all topics/questions that were received.
- Read Stronger Together: A Guidebook for the Safe Reopening of California's Public Schools (from California Department of Education).
- Read COVID-19 Industry Guidance: Schools and School-Based Programs (from California Department of Public Health).
- Read the Governor's Framework for In-Person Learning for K-12 Schools in California.
Q: How is the District managing the decision making and communication regarding school reopening?
A: MPCSD’s COVID-19 Response Team includes leads from the following different parts of the organization. The Response Team meets regularly under the direction of Superintendent Burmeister. The team is privy to the latest information from local and state officials.
- School Board
- Site Administration
- Health and Nursing
- Custodial & Transportation Services
- Curriculum & Instruction
- Student Services
- Human Resources
Q: What communications have been sent to parents since the beginning of the pandemic?
Q: Who should I contact to get answers to questions that are NOT included in this FAQ or to address my family’s specific needs?
A: If you have general questions not found in this FAQ document, please email email@example.com. For specific questions about your family situation or your school site, please contact your principal: Sharon Burns (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Encinal, Linda Creighton (email@example.com) at Laurel, Kristen Gracia (firstname.lastname@example.org) at Oak Knoll, Willy Haug (email@example.com) at Hillview.
Q: How do I provide input or feedback to decision-makers?
A: MPCSD decisions are made by the five elected members of the School Board (firstname.lastname@example.org) upon recommendation from Superintendent Erik Burmeister who is advised by the COVID-19 Planning Team.
To find contact information for the governmental agencies whose guidelines influence MPCSD’s decisions, please see the following websites: