2020-21 Back to School
- Key Dates
- Grade-Level & New Family Orientations
- Materials Pick Up
- Hillview iPad Handbook
- Parent and Student Hybrid and Distance Learning Handbook
- Additional Resources
- Monday, August 17: 6th Grade (New Student) Materials & Schedules Pick-Up and Optional Small-Group Tours.
- Monday, August 17: 6th Grade Family Orientation via Zoom 6:30-7:30 (NEW TIME)
- Tuesday, August 18: 7th Grade Family Orientation via Zoom 5-6.
- Wednesday, August 19 9am-12pm: Virtual WEB Day for 6th Graders. Zoom information will be sent to 6th grade families and is available on Incoming 6th Grade Resources.
- Wednesday, August 19th 9am-4pm: Mandatory 7/8th Grade Materials pick up for those students wanting a textbook for math and/or social studies. These books are available on the iPads as well.
- Wednesday, August 19: 7/8th Grade New Families Orientation via Zoom, 3-4. 8th Grade Family Orientation via Zoom 5-6
- Thursday, August 20: Special Schedule
- Friday, August 21: Special Schedule
- Tuesday, September 1: Materials Pick Up 1-4pm. All grades. See details below.
Hillview is hosting grade-level orientations via Zoom to help answer the many questions families might have going into this year. Times & Zoom information are as follows:
Monday, August 17: 6th Grade Family Orientation
- To watch the recording of the orientation please visit 6th Grade Orientation
- To see the presentation please visit 6th Grade Family Orientation Presentation
Tuesday, August 18: 7th Grade Family Orientation
- To watch the recording of the orientation please visit 7th Grade Orientation
- To see the presentation please visit 7th Grade Family Orientation Presentation
Wednesday, August 19: 7 & 8th grade New Families Orientation
- To see the presentation please visit New Families Orientation Presentation
Tuesday, September 1 1-4pm
We will be having our next distribution event starting at the bookroom at the back of the school. Teachers should be communicating to students if they have materials to be picked up. If you aren't sure, please email your teachers directly for class specifics.
All Students must bring a copy of their current schedule. 7/8th graders should bring their ASB card.
All 8th grade students must attend to receive Stamped: Racism, Anti Racism, and You. If parents prefer, they can also purchase the book themselves (ISBN# 978-0-45369-1).
Other materials to be provided:
- Math textbooks and Workbooks
- Supplies for Mr. Doroquez's class
- Novels for English
- Spanish Textbooks
- French textbooks and workbooks
- Art materials for Ms. Kogan's classes
- Music materials
If you have not yet signed the Hillview iPad Handbook and the new Student and Parent Hybrid and Distance Learning Handbook and physically turn these forms, please do so when you pick up your additional textbooks.
- All students are required to read and acknowledge our Hillview iPad Handbook. 6th Graders *must* review, print and sign the last page and bring it with them to materials pick up before they can receive their iPad on Monday, August 17th.
- 7th/8th graders can review, print and sign the last page of the handbook and bring it when they pick up their materials, or print/scan a signed page and email email@example.com.
- Students can also purchase the recommended optional iPad insurance offered by the District.
- Each year, Hillview asks its students and families to read and agree to our handbook, which explains all our expectations. This year, we are providing a condensed version of these expectations that are most important to starting the year successfully in a distance or hybrid blended learning mode. Please sit down with your student and read our 2020-21 Parent and Student Hybrid and Distance Learning Handbook; afterwards, print and sign the last page to acknowledge that both student and parent understand the expectations.
- 6th graders will turn in this page during iPad pickup as one of two required signature pages (the other being the iPad Handbook signature page) to receive their iPads. 7th and 8th graders will physically turn this in when they are coming in to pick up textbooks.
- Schedules & School Hours
- 6th Grade Resources
- School Supplies List
- Reporting Absences
- 2020-21 Reopening FAQ
- Library and Summer Reading
- Spirit Wear Store