Back to School Night
Back to School Night
Video Presentation - Wednesday, September 9
On Wednesday, September 9 by 3:30pm, teachers will post to Schoology video presentations about their classes that parents can watch at their leisure. Willy Haug, Principal of Hillview, has sent out a Keynote Welcome. Grab a bucket of popcorn, enjoy the keynote, and get a good overview of your child’s experience in their classes by making your way through the teacher videos!
On this evening, PE teachers will also hold a live in-person Zoom session from 7:20-7:50 to field any questions about the PE program for 2020-21. This Q & A is only for parents of students currently enrolled in PE courses duering Hexmester 1. You will find the Zoom link on your child's PE teacher's Schoology course page.
Grade-Level and Subject Q&As - See dates/times below
At these times, parents will get to see their children’s teachers live in-person and bring any questions they have after having watched the course overview videos. These optional events have been scheduled so that families can attend multiple grade levels and multiple subject areas. Zoom links to the various Q & A's will be posted on Schoology by 3:30 pm on the date of the Q & A. Math 6 and Math 6B/7A Compacted will be addressed during the academy sessions, as will Math 7 and Math 8.
Monday, September 14
- 6:30 - 7:15, 6th Grade Academy Q & A (Zoom link posted to ELA teacher's Schoology course)
- 7:20 - 7:50, World Language Q & A (Zoom link posted to the Spanish or French teacher's Schoology course)
Wednesday, September 16
- 6:30 - 7:15, 7th Grade Academy Q & A (Zoom link posted to ELA teacher's Schoology course)
- 7:20 - 7:50, Math 7B/8 Compacted Q & A (Zoom link posted to the Math teacher's Schoology course)
Thursday, September 17
- 6:30 - 7:15, 8th Grade Academy Q & A (Zoom link posted to ELA teacher's Schoology course)
- 7:20 - 7:50, Algebra and Geometry Q & A (Zoom link posted to the Math teacher's Schoology course)
Access to our Back-to-School events will be sent through Schoology, our new learning management system. This will require parents and guardians to log into this platform. We sent families their log-in credentials on Thursday, August 27. The sender was email@example.com. If you have not received this information yet, please email Hillview Instructional Coach Johnna Becker here. The directions to getting started are located HERE in the "App Assistance for Parents" section of the Hillview website. We see a critical opportunity for getting all our parents and guardians up and running on Schoology.