Pop! Pop! Read a Lot! Challenge
Pop! Pop! Read a Lot Challenge
pop open a good book
February 5 - March 2, 2018
Harry Potter series, Never Girl series, The Day the Crayons Came Home, I Survived, Gerald and Piggy. These are just a few book recommendations for this years Pop! Pop! Read a Lot Challenge from some of our Laurel students.
What if you could raise money for our school by focusing on the reward of reading? Now you can! Pop! Pop! Read a Lot! has historically been a successful reading event which encourages Laurel students to read (or be read to) everyday and raises money for Laurel while doing it.
Reading and Donation Logs will be sent home with your child, students:
- Set their weekly reading goal (e.g. I will read 20 minutes per day)
- Track minutes read daily (e.g. Feb 6: 20 minutes read)
- Record donations from family, neighbors and friends
At the end of each weekly period:
- Track total minutes read weekly (e.g. Week 1: total 80 minutes read)
- Submit total weekly minutes read using the online forms linked below
- On Fridays, send in cash and check donations
Donations may be submitted anytime via:
- CASH: Turn in a sealed envelope labeled Pop! Pop! Donations in your student's blue folder or the front office
- CHECK: Made payable to Laurel PTO
- ONLINE: Via PayPal
To celebrate the success of our reading event, we will hold a Popcorn party for all students at both campuses during school hours!
Submission is closed.
When submitting an online donation, please note the child's name, grade and teacher in the comments field.