Pop! Pop! Read a Lot! Fundraiser
Pop! Pop! Read a Lot Fundraiser
pop open a good book
January 26 - February 15, 2018
The Harry Potter series, the Never Girl series, The Day the Crayons Came Home, I Survived, Gerald and Piggy. These are just a few book recommendations for this years Pop! Pop! Read a Lot Fundraiser from some of our Laurel students.
Pop! Pop! Read a Lot! has historically been a successful reading event which encourages Laurel students to read (or be read to) everyday. Linking the reading challenge to a Laurel PTO fundraising event not only incentivizes readers to achieve reading goals, but also empowers students as they earn money for their school.
Have you noticed the newly planted trees on the Lower Campus? Is your child enjoying the Gaga Pit at the Upper Campus? These are recent enhancements to our school that promote imaginative play, made possible by your generous contributions to the PTO. In addition, the Laurel PTO funds field trips, assemblies, books for classroom libraries, school supplies and much more.
Our goal is to raise $25,000 ($35 per student) to continue to fund these programs for the remaining 2017 - 2018 school year.
Reading and Donation Logs will be sent home with your child, students:
- Set their weekly reading goal (e.g. I will read 20 minutes per day)
- Track minutes read daily (e.g. Feb 1: 20 minutes read)
- Record donations from family, neighbors and friends
At the end of each weekly period:
- Track total minutes read weekly (e.g. Week 1: total 80 minutes read)
- Submit total weekly minutes read using the online forms linked below
Donations may be submitted anytime via:
- CASH: Turn in a sealed envelope labeled Pop! Pop! Donations in your student's blue folder or the front office
- CHECK: Made payable to Laurel PTO
- ONLINE: Via PayPal
- Week 1: Jan 26 - Feb 1: Click here to submit
- Week 2: Feb 2 - 8: Click here to submit
- Week 3: Feb 9 - 15: Click here to submit
Our lovely librarian Ms. Warren will be recommending books each week with these themes during library time. Follow along or curl up with your own favorites!
- Week 1: Books with animals
- Week 2: Read a book that’s part of a series
- Week 3: In honor of Black History month, read a book about the struggles and achievements of African-Americans in our country, including biographies of famous African-American people
Looking for some book recommendations? Look no further!
- Friendly Classroom Competition - Check the popcorn kernels on the library window each week to see how many minutes each class has read. Who’s popcorn box will overflow the most?
- Popcorn Party - On Wednesday, February 28, there will be a popcorn party and special storyteller assembly at both campuses to celebrate our amazing readers!
- Campus Gift - If we reach our $25K goal, the Lower Campus will receive a special gift from the PTO. The week of Jan 28, students across both campuses will vote on their favorite option. Stay tuned for more information!
When submitting an online donation, please note the child's name, grade and teacher in the comments field.