The first day of school is Thursday, August 22, 2019.
Grades K-2 @ the Lower CampusStart Time: 8:25 AMEnd Times
Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri: 2:55 PMThurs: 2:00 PMMinimum Day: 11:45 AM
Grades 3-5 @ the Upper Campus.Start Time: 8:35 AMEnd Times
Mon, Tues, Wed & Fri: 3:15 PMThurs: 2:10 PMMinimum Day: 11:45 AM
- Start those bedtime routines a bit earlier in the days leading up to school, so that your child is well-rested.
- Laurel teachers (with the support of the Laurel PTO) provide all the necessary classroom supplies for every student.
- Decide how your child will commute to school and practice the trip before school starts. Click here for information.
- Please label all items. Things can get lost or misplaced easily.
- Must wear shoes with backs (no flip flops or slides) please.
- Bring a large backpack big enough to fit an 8 1/2 x 11 folder;
- a snack to eat at morning recess; and
- lunch - either sign up for Hot Lunch in advance or send along a lunchbox/brown bag labeled with your child's name.
- At the Lower Campus (grades K-2),
- students in kindergarten assemble at the kindergarten playground.
- students in grades 1 & 2 play in the Main Yard.
- At the Upper Campus (grades 3-5), students play in the Main Yard.
- When the bell rings, students are to"Freeze, hands on knees!"
- Then the morning yard duty blows a whistle twice, and students go to their classrooms.
Parents are invited to Back-to-School Coffee to catch up with friends, sign up to volunteer, and meet our After-School Program vendors, in the main plazas at Lower and Upper Campus, from 8:30 - 9:30 AM.