Caring & Sharing
Did you know?
55 Laurel families are in need this year for the holidays
17 students need breakfast every morning
70 students need help through our scholarship program
Mission: The Caring & Sharing program mission is to help children and families in need at Laurel School. Caring & Sharing programs range from providing breakfast for children in need who arrive early to school, to holiday drives to collect funds, grocery cards, and gifts to distribute during the holidays, to scholarship programs.
Programs: Caring & Sharing has ongoing programs the entire year that include:
- Early Bird Breakfast- a breakfast service to early arrival Laurel students in need
- Thanksgiving Drive - Feed a Laurel Family in Need - a drive to collect funds and gift cards needed to provide $50 grocery cards to Laurel families in need at Thanksgiving
- Holiday Giving Tree - a gift-giving opportunity for the Laurel community to support our Laurel families in need at the holidays
- Scholarship Program - a program to help provide Spirit Wear, school pictures, books from Book Fair (including a bookcase building event), after-school programs, and yearbooks to students in need
- Homework Center - homework support provided by teachers to students in 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, as needed
- Student-led Spring Event - an optional event decided upon each year, based on the current needs, which is in synergy with other character development efforts at Laurel
Volunteer Opportunities: Volunteering is as easy as baking breakfast muffins once every few months, shopping for toys in December, or donating funds to support Laurel students and families in need.
Donations: It costs roughly $150 to sponsor a scholarship for one child for the year, but a donation of any amount will help a child in the Caring & Sharing program.
Please donate today via
- Cash* or Check* - make payable to "Laurel School PTO / Caring & Sharing" and drop-off at the main office of either campus
- Online - via PayPal below