High School Transition
Sequoia Union High School District Info & Open Enrollment
For all students who plan on enrolling in Sequoia Union High School District (SUHSD), your "home school" is the one which your student will attend based on where he or she lives. For almost all of our students, that home school is Menlo-Atherton High School. For SUHSD Enrollment Information click here. Please also review SUHSD's letter to families about the Open Enrollment process, which you will use if you wish for your child to attend a high school other than the "home school" (M-A). The window for Open Enrollment is 11.15.18 - 2.1.19. To determine your home school, go here BOUNDARY SEARCH or call the SUHSD district office at 650.369.1411 x22209.
Menlo-Atherton High School
On the M-A web site, you can obtain a wealth of information for incoming 9th graders in their "Get To Know M-A" section. You can learn about Campus tours, 8th Grade Information night, Shadowing, Preview Days, M-A Electives, and much more.
Private School Application Process
To help ensure that your student's applications are complete and the process runs smoothly for everyone involved, there are a number of actions Hillview will require your student to complete NO LATER THAN December 3. This will enable us to give thoughtful consideration to your student’s packet.
1. Follow the steps provided on the Hillview Private School Application and Shadow Check List.
2. Fill out and return to the Hillview Office the Student Information Form. Every student applying to private schools must complete and return this form to the office. This form helps us to track what schools you are applying and provides important information for those writing a recommendation for your student.
3. Fill out, sign, and return to the Hillview office the Parent Authorization For Release of Records and Recommendations provided to you by the private school. The Hillview office requires one for each school you are applying or the master Ravenna form with the schools circled if applying on-line. This form authorizes Hillview to release your student's educational records and recommendations. Records will not be released with out it.
4. Ravenna: On-line registration. When applying on-line using the Ravenna application process, please make sure in the Current School section of your Student's Profile that you have selected Hillview Middle School from their database. This gives Hillview the ability to send confidential information. You know you have been successful when you see a green check displayed next to the school name and the button is green as well. If these are not green, we will not see your chosen schools and will be unable to upload your student's records.
5. Deadline for all documentation and requests for recommendations is DECEMBER 3, 2018. Any materials or requests received after that date will be processed on an as available basis and after all applications turned in on time are completed. Having this deadline ensures that we are able to give thoughtful consideration to your child's packet and all pieces get to the private schools on time. Your adherence to this deadline is greatly appreciated.
Where Do They Go?
Most Hillview students go to our awesome local public high school, Menlo-Atherton, but a certain percentage attend local private schools. Curious about their destinations? In 2017, we tracked where they went and present this information to you for your edification.