High School Transition
Sequoia Union High School District Info & Open Enrollment
For all students who plan on enrolling in Sequoia Union High School District (SUHSD), your "home school" is the one which your student will attend based on where he or she lives. For almost all of our students, that home school is Menlo-Atherton High School. For SUHSD Enrollment Information click here. To determine your home school, go here BOUNDARY SEARCH or call the SUHSD district office at 650.369.1411 x22209.
Menlo-Atherton High School
On the M-A web site, you can obtain a wealth of information for incoming 9th graders. Please visit Get to Know MA where you will be able learn about Campus "tours", 8th Grade Information night, Shadowing, Preview Days, M-A Electives, and much more.
M-A 8th Grade Information Night 2020: Please see our recorded webinar of M-A’s 8th Grade Information Night Webinar from Tuesday, October 20, 2020. If you have any questions after viewing our webinar presentation and after viewing each department presentation, please fill out this Google Form and we will answer your questions either personally or by an FAQ portion on our website.
All department presentations are available in Spanish. If you are having difficulty viewing the slide show, you can CLICK HERE to see ALL SUBJECT AREAS or pick and choose the departments of interest here.
Get to Know M-A Days: Due to COVID-19 restrictions, Menlo-Atherton is offering virtual Get to Know M-A Days*. Current 8th Graders can attend one of the two days being offered this fall:
- Thursday, October 22, 2020 at 2:30-3:00pm (Register here)
- Thursday, October 29, 2020 at 3:00-3:30pm (Register here)
Students will have the opportunity to learn about M-A courses, AVID, M-A clubs, activities and our sports programs, watch student videos and participate in M-A Trivia.
*This is in lieu of our shadowing program and Preview Days usually offered.
Private School Application Process
Every year, approximately 1/3 of the Hillview graduating class applies to private school. To help ensure that your student's applications are complete and the process runs smoothly for everyone involved, there are a number of actions Hillview will require your student to complete NO LATER THAN November 24. This will enable us to give thoughtful consideration to your student’s packet.
- Follow the steps and fill out the form provided in the Hillview Private School Information Form and Check List packet. The Information Form helps us to track what schools you are applying, when you will be shadowing and provides important student information for those writing a recommendation for your student. Every student applying to private school must complete and return this mandatory form to the office.
- Fill out, sign, and return to the Hillview office the Parent Authorization For Release of Records and Recommendations provided to you by the private school. The Hillview office requires an original copy for each school you are applying or the master Ravenna form with the schools highlighted if applying on-line. This form authorizes Hillview to release your student's educational records and recommendations. Records will not be released without it.
- Ravenna: On-line registration. When applying on-line using the Ravenna application process, please make sure in the Current School section of your Student's Profile that you have selected Hillview Middle School from their database. This gives Hillview the ability to send confidential information.
- Deadline for all documentation and requests for recommendations is November 24, 2020. Any materials or requests received after that date will be processed on an as available basis and after all applications turned in on time are completed. Having this deadline ensures that we are able to give thoughtful consideration to your child's packet and all pieces get to the private schools on time. Your adherence to this deadline is greatly appreciated.
Where Do They Go?
Most Hillview students go to our awesome local public high school, Menlo-Atherton, but a certain percentage attend local private schools. Curious about their destinations? In 2017, we tracked where they went and present this information to you for your edification.