Room Parent Program
Thank you for your interest in the Room Parent program. Volunteers are recruited in the Spring for the following school year. Room Parents are assigned a few days before the start of the school year once class placement lists have been posted. If you volunteer to be a Room Parent for 2017-2018, you will be contacted by one of the Coordinators, which for the 2018-2019 school year are Jennifer Kline, Amy Blein, and Christie Connaghan.
2018-2019 Room Parent Sign-ups Open Now!
The signup for the 2018-2019 school year is now available. Room Parent placements take place once class lists for 2018-2019 are posted in August. Be sure to sign up now, as room parent placements are prioritized by sign-up time.
Room Parent Program Information
What does our committee do?
- The room parent program provides support to teachers in the classroom by recruiting, organizing and assisting in classroom, for parties and on field trips.
What types of responsibilities do our volunteers help with?
- Room Parent Volunteers work with classroom teachers to recruit parent volunteers and manage class room volunteer opportunities, parties, and special activities throughout the year.
- Room parents also maintain regular communication with parents for each class.
- There are 2 room parents for each class.
- Grade Level Coordinators help to recruit room parents and support them throughout the year. They also plan one grade-level family event and the end of year field day activities.
When do we need you?
- Year long commitment.
How much time commitment is involved?
- Varies by class.
Any special skills required?
- Communication, organization and diplomacy skills
INTERESTED IN JOINING THIS COMMITTEE?
Please refer to the PTO Committees table to contact the committee chair.