Skip To Main Content

FAQ: Enrollment

FAQ: Enrollment

How do I know which school my student will attend?
The District has four schools; Encinal Elementary, Laurel Elementary, Oak Knoll Elementary, and Hillview Middle. For grades TK-5, please refer to our School Locator to see what school services your address.  All 6-8th-grade students attend Hillview Middle School.

How will my student get to school?
Please see the Transportation section of the website for a complete listing of transportation options.

How do I register my student?
For new students, please complete the online new student application.  Re-enrollment invitations for current students are sent directly to parents/ guardians in the spring.  Students who will be age 5 years old on or before September 1 are eligible for kindergarten.

Where do my children go to high school?
Graduating eighth graders who wish to attend public school enter the Sequoia Union High School District. There are also a number of private high schools in the area.

We are moving to a new residence. What does MPCSD need to update our address?

When planning a move, please use our SchoolLocator tool to verify your new address is in the MPCSD attendance boundaries.  As a reminder, students MUST live in the district to attend our schools. If your new residence is outside our attendance boundaries, you will need to register your students in the new school district.  

The required documents for an address change are below.  Please email the documents to

  1. Proof of residency in the form of: Current rental property contract or lease, escrow papers, current year property tax bill, property tax payment receipt, lease payment receipt or declaration of residency executed by the parent or legal guardian of the student
  2. Utility bill from different companies such as: Utility service contract, statement/payment receipts, pay stubs, voter registration, or correspondence from a government agency.

Can we attend Menlo Park schools if we don't live in the district?
Registration into the Menlo Park City School District begins with residency.  You must live in the MPCSD attendance boundaries to attend our schools. For more information refer to our AR 5111.1 District Residency.

How do I get a transcript for my child?
Contact the office staff at your child's school to request a transcript.

Where is the District Office?
The District Office is located at 181 Encinal Avenue, Atherton on the Encinal School campus.  The campus is on the corner of Encinal and Middlefield Avenue.

What are the District Office Hours?
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Summer hours are 7:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.