NEIGHBORHOOD (YELLOW BUS)
Menlo Park City School District provides resident transportation bus services for students attending Encinal School, Laurel School (Upper and Lower Campus), Oak Knoll School and a connector bus to Hillview. Fewer cars make campuses feel welcoming, safe and easy to approach on foot. When choosing how students commute to and from school, families should determine the best options in light of their children's age and experience.
2023-24 TK BUS TRANSPORTATION
- MPCSD is offering morning bus transportation for Transitional Kindergarten students. No afternoon bus is available unless the TK student is enrolled in Newton and may ride with an older sibling.
Afternoon childcare available for TK students
- Newton Center will offer a fee-based after-school care program at each MPCSD TK campus. Since 2001, Newton Center has offered MPCSD students after-school care. Currently offered at each elementary school.
- The program will extend the school day and incorporate MPCSD Curricular Approach and Guiding Principles.
- Registration will begin on February 1, 2023 www.newtoncenter.org
- Newton Center TK Program Introduction: Newton TK Information Powerpoint
- Please note, if a TK student is enrolled in Newton, the TK student may be with Newton and ride the TK-2 bus at 2:30 PM or 3:00 PM.
- TK and Kindergarten students must be accompanied to and from all bus stops by an adult aged 18 or older.
- Bus drivers will not release a TK and or Kindergarten student unless an adult is present.
- If a parent requests a bus stop change, they should notify the school site in advance via email, and provide a signed note by the parent to the bus driver.
BUS PICK UP AND DROP OFFS
- Students must be at their designated stops five minutes prior to the bus departure time.
- Students are expected to wait on the right side of the bus. For the safety of your children.
- Please refrain from waiting across the street.
- Parents are responsible for their students' arrival and return from their designated bus stop.
NEIGHBORHOOD BUS REGISTRATION LINKS
The 2023-24 School Year Bus Registration is now available! To register your child for the neighborhood bus, please click on your child's school link below.For Encinal Elementary Elementary families only:We are adding bus services for Grades 3-5, transportation through MPCSD with a 3:00 route.
Encinal Bus Registration Form (TK-5)
Laurel Laurel Campus Registration Form
Laurel Upper Campus Registration Form
Hillview Connector Bus Registration Form
Encinal & Laurel Connector Bus Registration Form
MPCSD RESIDENTAL YELLOW BUS ROUTES AND MAPS
Bus Routes and Maps for 2023-24 School YearPlease view the yellow bus schedules and route maps by choosing the appropriate links below.
Encinal School Afternoon Route (K-2)
NEW Encinal School Afternoon Route (3-5)
Oak Knoll School Morning Route
Hillview Morning and Afternoon Route
Encinal/Laurel Connector Route
BUS REGISTRATION FEES
Families can select different options for riding the MPCSD yellow school bus.
Fees apply for those students who are riding to Encinal, Laurel School (Lower and Upper Campus) Oak Knoll and Hillview. Below are the current fees for bus ridership.
BUS FEE OPTIONS
Round Trip (AM & PM)
One Way (AM or PM)
$600 per year per student
$300 per year per student
$180 per student per year
Connector Bus (PM) EN > LLC > LUC
Connector Bus (PM) LUC > LLC
*Priority will be given to those who register for BOTH AM & PM and siblings.*
SAMTRANS INFO AND LINKS
SamTrans provides dedicated public transportation to Encinal, Oak Knoll and Hillview Schools. To learn more about these routes please go to: https://district.mpcsd.org/Page/124
CLICK HERE to find SamTrans routes for Encinal, Oak Knoll and Hillview Schools.
SAFE ROUTES TO SCHOOL
- Riding bikes or walking together is fun for students and the exercise can make concentrating in class easier.
- Click here For additional Bike and Walk information.
- Suggested and recommended routes to bike/walk: Encinal, Hillview, Laurel, Oak Knoll
- Student safety, traffic flow and parking are critical issues for the District, and MPCSD is committed to Safe Routes projects in partnership with Menlo Park, Atherton, San Mateo County and local police departments.
Funding for Safe Routes to School programs is made possible by the City/County Association of Governments of San Mateo County Click here to learn more.
TRANSPORTATION STAFF CONTACT INFORMATION
Supervisor of Transportation
650-321-7140 Ext: 5626
Please contact us for questions or concerns regarding transportation: email@example.com