Laurel School News
Laurel Talent Show 2021 - Virtual Talent Show!!Laurel School and MPCSD Virtual Academy will be hosting the second annual Virtual Talent Show on Friday, June 4th! It is open to any student in grades 2-5 who wishes to participate! We’re looking for all kinds of talent!! If you’re interested, be sure to read through all of the guidelines.
I hope you will consider participating! If you have any questions, please email me at email@example.com.Best,Rachel BergeronMusic Specialist, Laurel School
- Students may submit performances up to 2 minutes in length. Categories include (but are not limited to) dance, animations, playing instruments, singing, sports skills, how-to videos, magic tricks, comedy (school-appropriate), and poetry readings. Students are limited to ONE submission.
- All pre-recorded performances or videos will be submitted and shared using Flipgrid. All participants will need to return a permission slip in order to use Flipgrid.
- Click on the link to be taken to FlipGrid:
- The deadline to submit a pre-recorded performance or video to FlipGrid is Tuesday, June 1st at 8 p.m.
- Submissions will be previewed and then published on the day of the Virtual Talent Show, Friday, June 4th at 2:00 p.m.
Curiosity Showcase May 19
This Wednesday, May 19, Upper Campus is holding its first ever virtual Curiosity showcase in which kids will be presenting their projects that highlight their curiosity. We look forward to hearing about everything the students have worked on and learned!Order Your Laurel Yearbook Today!To purchase and customize your yearbook, go to www.treering.com/validate and enter your school’s passcode: 1014292137331903. All orders will ship directly home this year. You will be prompted to enter the shipping address when placing the order.Please note, class pages will include iClick school portraits and collages created with photos submitted by Laurel families. Please look for communication from your class yearbook editor requesting a photo for the class collage page. Fifth grade families should have already received requests for baby photos. Please submit those as soon as possible if you have not done so already. Additionally, the yearbook committee will request photos for students who did not take school portraits with iClick. Thank you in advance for your support filling the Laurel yearbook with memories of another unique year!For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.