Important info for 5th Grade 'Virtual' Bash: Escape the Room on June 4th 5:30-8:00pm
Invites will get divided up based on class, all participants will need to sign in 5 minutes in advance. Each zoom entry added to Altitude is your ticket of entry, no double entries allowed since the participants will be monitored. After zoom all together zoom will be from 7:30-8.
Online Escape Room - The Spy Room (40% rate of escaping) – Backstory:
Suspecting a spy lives next door, your neighbor Ellen snuck into the spy's house to discover what he is up to. As she stepped inside, an unmistakable sound was heard behind her. The door has slammed shut and she is trapped! The mailman witnesses the desperate situation and calls you and the rest of the neighborhood to save her before the spy returns in 60 minutes! Your goal is to search for clues, solve puzzles and decipher codes in order to help Ellen escape the room!
When do we join?
We ask guests to join 5-minutes prior and have paper & pencil handy! Please join 5 minutes early!
Random Teams for Each Event: Everyone joins our virtual lobby together using the ‘unique’ Zoom meeting provided below for each event. You will be greeted by the Beat The Lock Game Masters and Host who will provide the introduction and rules of the game and then they divide your group randomly into private escape rooms via breakout rooms.
5:30-6:30: Ghahramani; Horwitz; Keller
6:30-7:30: Chase; Scatena; Watkins
*Each group needs to enter the waiting room five minutes early.Laurel Virtual Talent Show - 2021!
Laurel School and MPCSD Virtual Academy will be hosting the second annual Virtual Talent Show on Friday, June 4th! It is open to any student in grades 2-5 who wishes to participate! We’re looking for all kinds of talent!! If you’re interested, be sure to read through all of the guidelines below.
- Students may submit performances up to 2 minutes in length. Categories include (but are not limited to) dance, animations, playing instruments, singing, sports skills, how-to videos, magic tricks, comedy (school-appropriate), and poetry readings. Students are limited to ONE submission.
- All pre-recorded performances or videos will be submitted and shared using Flipgrid. All participants will need to return a permission slip in order to use Flipgrid.
- Click on the link to be taken to FlipGrid:
- Students will need to use their school Google Log-in information to upload videos.
- Student email address must end in @mpcsd.org. To log in, enter the student’s Clever ID followed by @mpcsd.org and use the Clever password.
- The deadline to submit a pre-recorded performance or video to FlipGrid is Tuesday, June 1st at 8 p.m.
- Submissions will be previewed and then published on the day of the Virtual Talent Show, Friday, June 4th at 2:00 p.m.