Pre-registration is now open for the 2020-21 school year.
Eligible children must be 3 years old by December 1, 2020 and fully potty trained by the first day of school.
Please plan to attend one of our tours, dates listed on the home page under announcements, so that you know that our program will be a good fit for you and your child.
The lottery process will be as follows:
1. December Full-Fee Lottery: Applications received by midnight on December 8, 2019 will be included in the Round 1 lottery which will only include applicants who live within Menlo Park City School District boundaries, work for MPCSD or are current ELC students and their siblings. These applicants will be notified of their lottery status in late December and will be asked to enroll by mid-January to secure a space for the 2020-21 school year.
2. February Full-Fee Lottery: Applications received before February 20, 2020 will be included in a second lottery on February 28 if there are still spaces available after the first lottery is concluded.
3. Any spaces still available after the second lottery will be offered on a first come, first served basis and confirmed once all required paperwork and deposit are submitted.
Tuition Assistance Lottery: The lottery for students requesting tuition assistance will be conducted January 31, 2020. Deadline for applications is January 27th.
2020-21 Enrollment Priorities
- Priority 1 –Current ELC students and their siblings
- Priority 2 - MPCSD Residents and children eligible for the Tinsley Voluntary Transfer Program who qualify for an Early Learning Center scholarship and whose siblings attend MPCSD schools
- Priority 3 - MPCSD Staff (children of ELC staff will receive first priority among staff)
- Priority 4 - Community - Children who live outside of the MPCSD boundaries
- Priority 5- Children whose families apply after December 7, 2019
Once you have been offered a space for your child, you must confirm the space with an enrollment packet including the documents listed below and a non-refundable deposit of $1,500. This deposit holds your child’s spot and will be credited towards the first month’s tuition.
Hard copies of all documents are required. Online/emailed applications will not be accepted.
- ELC Admission Form (attached to your offer letter)
- Non-refundable $1,500 deposit check made out to MPCSD
- Child’s most recent immunization records
- 2020/21 ELC Admission Agreement
- LIC 700- Identification and Emergency Information
- LIC 702- Preadmission Health History
- LIC 613A Personal Rights
- LIC 627 - Consent for Medical Treatment
- LIC 995 - Notification of Parent's Rights
- Sunscreen Permission Form
- ELC Gets to Know Your Child Survey
Additional action will be required by July 1st including:
- PowerSchool District online registration (available after 2/3/20)
- LIC 701 - Physician's Report completion
- Signed acknowledgement of receipt of ELC Parent Handbook
If you have been notified that your child is on the waiting list, please fill out and submit the form sent to you to indicate that you want to maintain your child's spot on the waiting list.
Applying for the Early Learning Center 2019-20
Children with birthdates between September 1, 2014-December 1, 2016 are eligible to attend during the 2019-20 school year.