Hillview uses an organizational structure called the Academy Model that groups students and teachers into smaller learning communities in order to provide greater attention to individual student needs and to develop a sense of community within a smaller group of students who share the same academic teachers.
The three Academy teachers for sixth grade students are a Humanities Teacher who instructs English Language Arts and Social Studies, a Math Teacher and a Science Teacher. Sixth graders share classes outside their Academies for their Electives.
The three Academy teachers for seventh and eighth grade students are an English Language Arts teacher, a Social Studies Teacher and a Science teacher. Seventh and eighth grade students share classes outside their Academies in Math, Physical Education and Electives.
To view the faculty by academy visit the Academy Directory.
Each academy typically has at least 2 academy parents. An academy parent works closely with their own academy teachers to provide volunteer support throughout the year. Academy parents might coordinate chaperones for a field trip, solicit classroom volunteers to help with special projects and provide food for holiday celebrations and/or end of year events. If you are interested in volunteering to be an academy parent in the future please visit our Volunteer Sign Up Form.
Academy Parents for 2019/20
- Olympus - Becky Bullard, Grace Chen, and Wendy Horton
- Vesuvius - Gina Hart, Cate Krensavage, Mary-Ragan
- Kilimanjaro - Theresa Fox, Shelby Karros, Kelsey Porter
- Everest - Jeanne Moeschler, Scott Paterson, Kimberly Vogel
- Cloud Nine - Kathy Maghool, Kelly Schmitz
- Mavericks - Katherine Armstrong-Hoschstetler, Janelle McCombs, Vickie Mrva
- Pipeline - Robin Rouda Newman, Anne Marie Schar
- Bondi - Melissa Berhow, Coleen Sanocki
- Pioneers - Grace Chen, Hanh Chu
- Explorers - Julie Gosler, Sharon Shick
- Trailblazers - Gloria Gavin