W.E.B. (Where Everybody Belongs)
WEB, Where Everybody Belongs, is a national middle school transition and orientation program. WEB leaders welcome the sixth grade class during an orientation before school as well as support them throughout their first year at Hillview.
Leaders are trained to work with the incoming sixth graders at Hillview next fall. After several days of training, the WEB leaders will help run WEB day, the sixth grade orientation.
At the orientation, two or three WEB leaders will be given a group of around ten 6th graders to work with during orientation and assist during the first week of school with any challenges they may face. Additionally, throughout the school year, WEB leaders may meet with their student groups.
We know that the more contact a 6th grader has with his/her WEB leader, the more successful the 6th grader will be!
For the 2020-21 WEB program please join Google Classroom for the application and more information: 6hnu2uj
Important/Mandatory Dates for the 2020-2021 school year:
- Wednesday, August 12th: 10:30-3 (training #1) Before school officially begins
- Thursday, August 13th: 10:30-3 (training #2) Before school officially begins
- Wednesday, August 19th: 8:00-2:00 (6th grade orientation)
- 5th Grade Visit will take place sometime in May (advanced notice will be given)
These dates are mandatory! And we really mean mandatory - WEB leaders must attend all dates. We need all leaders to attend training to be prepared to lead activities for the orientation.
* The 2020-21 WEB application is available from April 20 - May 1 (2-week period) and will be posted in Google Classroom.
** We will reach out to applicants with next steps and further instructions when the application closes.