Back to School
Let’s get ready for the 2019-2020 school year!
Here’s what you need to know!
- Important Dates
- Before School Starts, Do This
- What Supplies Are Needed for Classes?
- Common Questions
First Week of Aug
- Read and sign technology consent (AUP)
- Be sure library fines are paid
- Obtain proof of TDaP vaccination (7th grade)
- Registration starts for fall sports
- Registration needs to be completed through TeamSnap
August 20, 3:30pm
- New District Families/ Student tours
August 20, 4-6pm
- Aloha Check In
- This event is only for 7th and 8th grade students
- Students can arrive anytime between 4-6pm
- Bring AUP forms, proof of vaccination
- Students will receive schedules and iPads
- Reunite with friends! $5 tacos to satisfy!
August 21, 8:30-10:15am
- Parent Welcome and Orientation
- Hospitality starts at 8:30am., in the Hillview quad. Enjoy coffee and bagels. Browse information tables about activities, sports and MORE!
- Join Mr. Haug in the PAC at 9am for an introduction to Hillview. Learn what to expect!
August 21, 9am-1:30pm
- WEB Day (Camp Hillview) – 6th grade students only
- Students will get a tour and orientation from our own 8th grade W.E.B. leaders!
- Schedules will be distributed
- Lunch is provided for students
August 22, 8:25
- FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL
- No block schedule
- Dismissal at 2:25pm
August 28, 6:30-8:30pm
- Back to School Night
Before School Starts, Do This:
- Read and sign the Hillview technology regulations and sign the AUP Consent - posted Tuesday, 8/13
- Be sure vaccines are up to date - 7th grade, that’s you!
- Review the District Calendar for important dates
- Read the student handbook
- Consider fall athletics and register
- August 14 - Registration opens for girls volleyball and flag football
- Finish summer reading books
- Review safe routes to get to school
- Be sure you have a bike lock and use it!
When do we get our ASB card?
ASB cards are distributed at school, after students have had their picture taken.
When do we get PE clothes?
PE clothes do not need to be worn during the 1st 2 weeks of school. They will be distributed at school.
Where can I sign up for hot lunch?
LunchMaster information will be available at both the Aloha Check-In and Camp Hillview.
Where can I find vacation dates and important days school is closed?
Please see the MPCSD calendar.
Looking forward to a great year!