HIGHLIGHTS FROM UPPER CAMPUS ART!
Posted by Ellen Kraska on 5/20/2018
- All year, the artwork flowed into our Masterpiece Gallery. The Masterpiece Gallery is a rotating gallery which features artwork made at home by Laurel students. This summer would be a perfect time to encourage our Upper Campus artists to make artwork at home to bring in to start our Gallery off with a bang at the start of school!
- Every student made an Artist Trading Card which was sent to schools around the world. Students each then received a card that came from over 20 different states, Italy, Thailand and Australia, making the world feel just a little smaller and more connected.
- Each student has completed a small Fiber Art heart which will comprise a campus-wide mural titled 'Laurel Has Heart' to honor all the kindness, respect and community service our Laurel students engage in every day.
- Let's not forget our beautiful ceramic pieces! Cupcake treasure boxes were made by 3rd grade, Bobble Head Pets by 4th grade and Laurel Squirrels by 5th grade. Every student will have their ceramic pieces on display at our Art Show for all to admire.
- Our 3rd Graders have been busy with Chalk Art, whimsical treehouses, lollipop forests and 3-D paper mache bird sculptures.
- Our 4th Graders have worked hard on their Trees of Life, Pop-Art self-portraits and polar bear landscapes.
- Our 5th Graders have illustrated children's books, painted a anthropomorphic self-portrait, made thought-provoking abstract sand art and learned how to mix their own skin tone using nothing but the primary colors and white. The results were then painted onto a beautiful skin tone quilt, titled 'The Colors of Us', which will be on display at the Art Show.
We could not be more proud or excited for our Lower and Upper Campus families to come admire our students' deeply creative work at our Art Show! Students have put their heart into this work, and I could not be more proud of them.
We look forward to seeing you all at the Art Show, Open House and Spring Picnic on May 31st!